This week is GREAT! I got another testimonial from my student. I remembered when she attended my first class which is chiffon cake class, there's a lot of egg separation and whisking of egg white. Lorine asked how long it takes to whisk the egg white to the required stage. However, I declined to tell her the answer immediately. Instead, I advised her to learn during the class to see how the meringue is whisked to the correct stage. I then explained that different machines with different speeds will vary the time taken. She hesitated for a while but I guessed she accepted my explanation eventually, as I've seens her coming back for my classes.
"I STRONGLY recommend anyone who wants to learn making cakes from Shinni Laoshi! She is friendly, talented and knows how to bake a wide variety of cakes. Besides, she is patient and tells you what you need to take note of so you will definitely succeed on first try if you follow her instructions faithfully!
Moreover, you can learn to make more than one item! Most importantly, her recipes are always good and not too sweet!!
To date, I have attended quite a number of her classes and here is my feedback as follows:
- Pandan Chiffon (Tour of Chiffon) - Wonderful soft and fluffy texture! Can rival Bengawan Solo's !!
- Cheesecake (Say Cheeze) - My favourite! Yummy as light and airy! Better than Ichiban sushi !
- Rainbow (Color My Rainbow) - My girls love this colourful and tasty cake! Happy they did!!
- Black Forest - Delicious Classic! Rich & Moist !!
- Christmas Crunchy Mint Logcake - Unique festive cake with a twist! Delightful !!
- Tiramisu (Pick-Me & Swirl) - Simply divine! Love the soft, pillowy sponge and delis cheese layer!! (Even my sceptical husband who usually doesn't like cakes say he likes!)
Thank you so much Shinni Laoshi for your guidance!
I look forward to attending the Red Devotion and Essential classes in April really soon!!!
- Lorine Lim"